Why choose us?
Our students are provided with aids to help them on their learning journey, as well as a number of associations and extracurricular activities to help encourage a strong community.
Active participation of students is always highly recommended and they are encouraged to critically engage themselves with the prescribed texts.
The aim is to:
- to help students contextualise and appropriate their learnings. To properly appreciate the development of philosophical thoughts throughout the different philosophical epochs, the Department of Philosophy emphasises the use of primary literature as the principal teaching materials.
- to analyse and critically evaluate human and social development scenarios and develop meaningful suggestions and advice to the designing and writing of a full development plan in the field of development studies.
- to understand the principles and theory of theological hermeneutics and the ability to apply such principles in new and unpredictable situations.
- to understand the role of ministry in the Christian community and the acquisition of the counselling, teaching and leadership skills necessary to minister effectively.
St. Joseph's offers:
- A student-centred environment that facilitates the student’s natural desire to learn more deeply, joyously and at his/her own pace (i.e. well-stocked and spacious library, contact with lecturers, timely feedback).
- Tutors who offer guidance to students and encourage active learning.
- Tuition bursary to students in need of financial assistance.
- Counselling services for at-risk students.
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
General Policy Documents
Integrity in Ministry
The Catholic Church in Southern Africa – Protection Policy and Procedures for Minor
SJTI Employment Equity Policy
Health and Wellness Policy
Policy on Disability
ICT Policy Documents
South African Legislation relevant to ICT Policy Documents
Electronic Communications Act, 2005
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002
Electronic Communications Security (Pty) Ltd Act, 2002
Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000
Protection of Information Act, 1982
Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication Related Information Act, 2002
Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013
Films and Publications Act, 1996
Children’s Act, 2005
Children’s Amendment Act, 2007