Interfaith Dialogue Forum (IDF)
Aims and Objectives
- We aim at creating a firm foundation of our Christians faith so that we may be able to engage with both unbelievers and believers from other faiths or religions.
- We aim at dedicating ourselves to enriching each other as group members by sharing various issues pertaining to ecumenism, other religions or faiths, and interreligious dialogue during our meetings.
- We aim at participating in dialogue with other religions or faiths through personal encounter, debates and discussions where possible.
- We aim at collaborating with other religions and interfaith groups and organisations both within and outside Pietermaritzburg.
- We aim at being conversant with important religious celebrations of other religions or faiths. We attend such celebrations and other interfaith activities where possible as a sign of solidarity and dialogue.
- We aim at fostering awareness regarding ecumenism, other religions or faiths, and interreligious dialogue among students within SJTI.
Program for Meetings
- For flexibility purposes, we do not have a formalized structure for meetings – the chair of a particular meeting plans the agenda of that day.
- During our meetings, discussions are often centred around interfaith dialogue, ecumenism, other religions or faiths and our own faith as Catholics.
- We also invite speakers from other faiths or religions to join our discussions or to address us during some of our meetings.
- Any SJTI student is eligible to be a full member of the group. One can also become a part time member, should he or she have other commitments within SJTI which may hinder him or her from attending IDF meetings, events and activities regularly.
- Each member is required to attend meetings and other events and activities regularly where possible.
- A certain amount of money agreed upon by the group members will be paid as membership fee.
- All members are considered equal in all aspects and their active participation is strongly encouraged and expected.
- Coordination of the meetings is either voluntarily or through appointment by group members.
Email address: email@example.com
Website address: www.sjtiinterfaithgroup.simplesite.com