Transforming lives - one course at a time
St Joseph’s Theological Institute was established in 1943 and is home to more than 200 students and 40 staff members, comprising a mosaic of different cultures from more than 20 African countries.
Helping People grow through education
We want to provide men and women with the philosophical and theological education necessary for both ordination and a variety of other ministries in church and society.
Who we work with to help achieve your goals
- The University of KwaZulu-Natal (School of Religion, Philosophy and Classics)
- The University of Tilburg, Netherlands (Faculty of Theology)
- The Evangelical Seminary of Southern Africa: www.essa.ac.za
- St. Augustine College: www.staugustine.ac.za
- Oblate School of Theology (Texas): www.ost.edu
- St. John Vianney Seminary: sacbc.org.za
What moves us
Our values are our guiding principles in what moves us to provide quality education for our students.
- Empowering people through providing tools that broaden their outlook
- Provide learning that impacts people’s lives
- Be a guide that helps people navigate life through learning
- Fostering co-operation with other theological institutions, nationally and internationally